X-ATC_Chatter is a collaboration with LiveATC.net to bring high quality ATC audio clips to the flight simulation community. The initial release of X-ATC-Chatter is a collection of audio files designed to support the controller chatter playback capability in Pilot2ATC. In the very near future X-ATC-Chatter will feature a stand-alone player for X-Plane 10 and 11 that can be used to play the files without Pilot2ATC.
The clips are derived from LiveATC.net archives and have the following characteristics:
- Clips are broken down into separate files each of which represents a single exchange between a pilot and an ATC facility such as Clearance, Ground, Tower, Departure, Center, Approach, and for VFR CTAF.
- The separate files for each exchange allows Pilot2ATC, and the future player, to insert pauses between playback allowing for you to interact naturally with ATC.
- The clips are categorized by world region so you can install a collection of clips for the area of the world you are flying in. Out initial focus is the U.S. and Europe. Version 1.0 has the following file counts by region:
- United States: 1,418
- Europe: 1009
- Canada: 287
- South America: 0
- Asia: 0
- Africa: 0
- Oceania: 0
- Clips are edited to remove any glaring location specific information. As an example the exchange “United 6626, Boston Tower, Line up and Wait” will have been edited to say “United 6626, Tower, Line up and Wait. References to specific SIDS, STARS, Ramps, Taxiways, Runways, and way-points are not changed.
- Clips are organized by controller so when you are tuned to a specific controller in Pilot2ATC you will hear clips associated with that controller.
- Each clip has its audio volume adjusted so that all clips have roughly the same volume level.
You can download and try a set of sample files for free. Use the following link to read the user guide and download a free set of samples: